‘All children are artists’ – Pablo Picasso
Art at Colvestone
At Colvestone art and design has a significant and valuable role to play in the ethos of the school and is an important part of our broad and balanced curriculum. Children are given many opportunities to develop skills knowledge and understanding in a variety of ways. Through our rich and extensive whole school topics children use their creative imagination to achieve their potential.
- Sketchbooks are used from Year 1 to Year 6 to regularly record, collect and explore ideas and images and other information relevant to current and ongoing work.
- There is a weekly creative assembly where children have the opportunity to celebrate their art work with others.
- Children are given opportunities to design posters for the events that take place in school for example ‘Anti-Bullying Week’ or ‘Save the Planet: Lights off’.
- Last year’s Year 3 were proud to have been part of the Steve McQueen ‘Tate Year 3 ‘project.
- Children have many opportunities through the year to visit museums and galleries in the local area and in Central London.
- Our artist in residence Pam Nurse also works with year groups across the school every week and the art they create can be seen all around our school.