At Colvestone, we believe that through showing a strong commitment to Creative Development, we are able to provide our students with a full and rounded curriculum.
The Arts, which we define as music, drama, art, dance and creative writing, are a fundamental part of our curriculum. Through experiencing high-quality Arts provision, children can develop self-confidence, self-esteem and creativity.
We are an Artsmark school which reflects the commitment we place on the creative subjects. Our curriculum is enriched through experiences such as:
- Weekly singing assemblies
- Weekly African Dance and Drumming workshops
- Christmas production- combination of all Art forms
- Weekly House Time creative activities
- Enrichment days with a focus on Creative Development across the year
- In school projects and out-of-school learning experiences visiting Arts organisations, like the Hackney Empire, Arcola Theatre and Rio Cinema
- Providing the Art Award