This term our whole school theme is ‘Buildings around the world.’ Our focus city for Year 2 is Moscow, Russia.
We will be exploring a variety of different topics with a Mathematics, Design Technology and Religious focus which will include:
- Significant buildings and their histories
- Architecture and designs
- Changes in city skylines
- Buildings as places of worship within our community
Our class books this term will be the classic ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.’ A classic story about the magical and mysterious factory of eccentric sweet maker Willy Wonka.
For our Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED) subject this term we will:
- Maintain a focus on high academic and behavioural expectations
- To think about ourselves, and how we promote the Colvestone values within the school and outside of it
- Share our ideas of mindfulness and how we think about and treat ourselves and others
Please find attached an overview of what the children have been learning over the school year.