Colvestone Primary School is a one-form entry, mixed primary school with a nursery in the London Borough of Hackney. Our school is small and close-knit, with a warm and friendly atmosphere which you can feel the moment you walk through the gates. The school serves a socially diverse, vibrant, multicultural community. The school has a solid academic base and an exciting broad, balanced and diverse curriculum. You can see from our results page that our children make good progress and perform in line with (or often above) national standards and expectations.
The school is in partnership with The Blossom Federation. The Blossom Federation is made up of three primary schools - Daubeney, Sebright and Lauriston Schools - plus two Children's Centres, Daubeney and Sebright. Collectively, we serve over 1,200 Hackney children and families and are proud of our provision in supporting their education and development. We want to prepare children for a successful future in a real world.
We are an inclusive school, committed to ensuring that every child achieves their full potential. Our dedicated staff members know every child by name and this helps build a close and supportive community in which the children help each other as much as the teachers and other staff do.
In this section you can also take a look at our Ofsted report, find out what our vision for the school is, look up staff members to find out who does what around the school and check our policies.
At Colvestone, we will all work towards providing equal opportunities for all our children. Our positive learning environment promotes diversity. We celebrate our cultures and our achievements. We will eliminate unlawful discrimination and advance equality of opportunity between different groups. At Colvestone, we are proud of our work with parents / carers, local partnerships and groups.
Colvestone is where everybody matters.
At Colvestone Primary School, in line with the other schools in our Federation, it is our aim to provide our children with a broad and exciting curriculum which gives them the skills, knowledge and learning to be prepared for their life ahead.
Children's early experiences are hugely important in forming a person. We want our children to:
- enjoy and show a curiosity to learn
- to feel safe and secure in an environment which is high quality and well resourced
- to have a high regard for staff and children's mental health and wellbeing
- to reach their potential across the core areas and receive the support they need to achieve well
- develop a range of skills and have experiences which mean they are confident and ready for the future
- feel celebrated for their achievements
- to appreciate diversity, difference and have strong global awareness as well as understanding of the school community
At Colvestone Primary School, in line with the other schools in our Federation, we aim to:
- Provide good quality teaching experiences from committed and enthusiastic staff
- Inspire those we teach through creative, exciting and memorable learning experiences
- Enable children to reach their full potential in a rich and inclusive learning environment in which they feel secure,. valued and encouraged
- Give children a love of learning and the confidence to express themselves
- Instil respect, good manners, empathy and care in our children
- Develop thoughtful and caring children who form their own views and who are proud of their school
- Encourage children to respect and value our rich and diverse communities and in the world around them