Knowledge & Understanding
Our vision of Colvestone pupils as learners:
We want our pupils to:
- Know what they have done well (how they have met the success criteria) and what they need to do next (targets)
- Be able to self assess so they can measure their learning against the success criteria and generate their own ‘next steps’ (targets)
- Be able to generate success criteria based on previous learning
- Enhance their learning through dialogue – with other pupils through partner talk and group work and with adults in the class
- Understand that their contribution to whole class teaching/discussion is as important as anyone else’s
- Receive instant feedback through offering answers on whiteboards/flip flap cards/number fans etc
- Understand that mistakes are to be celebrated as no learning takes place without them
- Respond to marking in their books – correcting mistakes, up-leveling work, completing challenge questions
- Be truly independent learners.
We use our House Time sessions on a Monday to promote all the aspects of learning.